A competition for innovative farmer of the year is organized by Capital and Economedia. The competition is part of a project to promote the Common Agricultural Policy of the European Union, co-funded by the European Commission.
The right to participate has physical and legal persons active in the sphere of agriculture on the territory of Bulgaria. The project or activity they are applying with must have shown results in 2016 and / or 2017.
For the purpose of the competition innovation is considered development and implementation of a new or significantly improved product or, a new process, a new marketing method or a new organizational method, workplace organization or external links that promote economic growth , social and environmental effectiveness.
The criteria on which proposals will be evaluated are the following:
● Economic, social and / or environmental impact (result) of innovation
● Ability to multiply
Everyone has the right to nominate themselves or another person to participate in the contest, as long as the nominees meet the conditions for participation. Applying or nominating is done by filling in a simplifiedform sending it to e-mail address email@example.com by 20.10.2017. The forms can be found at www.dnevnik.bg/evropa/zemedelie/.
A jury of authoritative experts in the field of agriculture will select the winners. If necessary, the jury may organize a meeting with nominated candidates for clarification of their innovation.
The announcement of the winners will take place on 30.11.2017 in Sofia during the conference “Science and Innovation in Support of Agriculture”.
Winners are provided with multiple awards, including:
● Meeting the costs of participating in the program of the largest agricultural event in Europe in 2018 – Global Forum on Innovation in Agriculture (GFIA Europe), 20-21.06.2018 to be held in The Netherlands
● Course for managers and entrepreneurs on the chosen topic – Financial Management, Financial Analysis, Legal Framework or Strategy & Marketing
● Technological devices
● Subscription to editions of Economedia at your choice
● Special edition for the Rural Development Program
● Free consultation on opportunities to apply for funding under the Rural Development Programme be Elana Investments
● Free access to conferences from the list of events organized by “Economedia”
● Presentation of the winner at www.karieri.bg