Capital Foundation is a non-profit organization for public benefit registered in 2003. The main goals of the Foundation are:
1. To support and promote civil society, democratic values and civic participation;
2. To help Bulgarian journalists and media reach quality journalism standards;
3. To support the development and professional realization of young people;
4. To promote education and training in the context of lifelong learning;
5. To contribute to sustainable development;
The general means by which the Foundation achieves its goals are:
1. Debates, conferences, forums and other events on important public topics;
2. Seminars, training and other educational and training activities;
3. Media products and publications – on paper, online and mobile;
4. Youth projects and initiatives;
5. Activities related to sustainable development
In the last seven years Capital Foundation and its team have successfully implemented more than 20 projects funded by institutions like European Parliament, European Commission, World Bank, United Nations, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria, Ministry of Environment and Water, Sofia Municipality, the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area, CEE Trust among others.
Capital Foundation works in close cooperation with its sister organization Economedia publishing house (www.economedia.bg), a leading publisher of influential and well respected media – Capital weekly, Capital daily, www.dnevnik.bg (general news), www.karieri.bg (jobs, trainings, education) among others.
Economedia’s subsidiaries are leading publishers in special-ineterest publicationss: ICT Media (http://en.ictmedia.bg) in the field of information and communication technologies and City Media Group (http://thecitymedia.bg) – in infrastructure and real estate.
Economedia and its subsidiaries organize more than 30 prestigious events every year – conferences, forums, discussions.
Through all its platforms Economedia reaches an audience of 1.8 million every month.