Lubomir Vassilev Lubomirov, Chairman of the Board and Executive Director
Lubomir Vassilev Lubomirov has a proven track record and a rare combination of education and experience in different, yet complimenting areas:
• Education – Masters degree in Economics, numerous courses in Journalism, and a high school diploma in Electronics;
• Media – 14 years experience, including Editor-in-chief of Capital weekly, published by Economedia and considered the most respected and influential newspaper in Bulgaria;
• Business – Managing director of five companies, business development manager of Economedia – arguably the most innovative publishing house in Bulgaria;
• NGO – CEO and Board chair of Capital foundation;
• Project management, project financing and project evaluation – More than 20 projects in last seven years in which he was the mastermind behind the project idea, the author of the project proposal and project manager during the implementation; Listed as an external evaluation experts for EU funding programs;
• Author of more than a dozen books and special editions about Multiannual financial framework 2014-2020 of the EU, Common agricultural policy of the EU, Media trends, Inspiring success stories in different areas, Sustainable development, Accounting and Taxes;
• Moderator – A regular moderator of national and international conferences, seminars and trainings;
• International experience – Used to be kind of a globetrotter visiting international media conferences and negotiating joint ventures and joint projects with international partners; Member of the Steering committee (Chairman in 2012) of the international project „Encouraging the schemes for sustainable financing and payments for ecosystem services in the basin of the Danube river”, funded by the United Nations and EU.
Stanka Tosheva, Board Member
Stanka Tosheva is a Chairman of the Editorial Board of Capital Weekly. She is one of the founders of the Capital Foundation. Mrs Tocheva have worked as an Editor, Deputy Editor and Editor-in-chief of the newspaper.
Alexei Lazarov, Board Member
Alexei Lazarov is a member of the Board of Capital foundation. He is a managing editor of Capital, a prominent journalist with a proven track record.
Mara Georgieva, Board Member
Mara Georgieva is a member of the Board of Capital foundation. He has a great deal of experience in both projects and media.